Capture the power your sailboat generates while being propelled by the wind. Enjoy underway charging with Watt & Sea’s new line of cruising and racing hydrogenerators, a proven way to reduce or eliminate fossil-fuel charging while sailing. The Watt & Sea units work with a small propeller spinning in the water creating more energy the faster you go. Watt & Sea Hydrogenerators can help yacht owners minimize fuel use and reduce onboard weight while maintaining power.
Watt & Sea’s patented technology is calibrated for minimal drag and an optimal output. The Hydrogenerator is easily mounted on the transom and the mounting gear is adaptable to nearly any transom, including angled, multi-hull and open transoms.
Cruising Series Hydrogenerators are now available in 300W & 600W, 610mm & 970mm
- 3 knots will generate enough power for lights and safety systems
- 5 knots will generate power sufficient to run on-board electronics (pilot, computer electronics)
- 6-7 knots powers remaining systems (refrigeration, water, etc.)
- 12V/24V auto-detecting converter
- 3 different sized propeller options so you can maximize power while minimizing drag specifically for your boat
Racing Units available in 600W, 610mm
- At 12 kts, reach max output of 600W(approx. 48A @12V, 24A @ 24V)
- Used by 95% of the yachts in the Vendee Globe 2012-2013
- Equipped with a variable pitch propeller to minimize drag and maximize output, optimized efficiency between 5 and 30kts
watt & sea info and documents:
Watt & Sea User’s Manuals:
Contact Bruce for more info and approved installers.