Lithionics OPE-Li3 Marine Lithium Battery Systems
LITHIUM that is SAFE, RELIABLE, & EASY TO INSTALL
Systems with an External ND-DC BMS (for most house banks)
Developed by Bruce Schwab (renowned solo ocean racer, lithium battery expert, and America’s first Vendee Globe finisher) together with US battery mfg. Lithionics Battery, the OPE-Li3 marine lithium battery system is the safest lithium system available anywhere.
Systems with an Internal BMS (for electric propulsion, thruster/windlass batteries or small house banks)
For many marine electrical propulsion, RV, & home applications, it may not be necessary to have the full protection of the OPE-Li3 Dual Channel BMS. In some cases we would recommend a Lithionics system with an Internal NeverDie Single-Channel BMS. Contact us to find out the best battery system for your application or for prices.
Also, check out this customer testimonial Lake Powell Houseboating and our Lithionics Battery Experience
Lithionics Starting Batteries
Available in 35Ah & 75Ah, these batteries are designed for engine starting but can also be used as a deep cycle battery.
Lithionics Small Capacity Batteries
Perfect for small boats with low-current applications needing 100Ah capacity or less
OPE-Li3 Never-Die Dual Channel BMS Battery Systems
What makes the OPE-Li3 marine lithium battery system the SAFEST?
- The OPE-Li3 ND-DC BMS (Never-Die Dual-Channel Battery Management System): “Dual-Channel” means that the charge side of your system can be isolated from the load side of your system by the BMS. If there is a problem on either side, it will not interrupt the performance or damage equipment on the other side. Hereare some example system diagrams: 1 Bank & 1 BMS, 2 Banks & 2 BMS’s, 2 Module Series Bank & 1 BMS, 2 Series Banks & 1 BMS’s
- ION-EXT: Ion-Extinguishing Technology is a nano-ceramic polyamide separator coating within each cell that boosts charge and discharges rates, and forms a shut-down curtain in the event of cell failure (Including “Nail Penetration”) The Result: cells and batteries with a 100% safety record for 4 consecutive years.
- Multi-level protection system. The BMS pack level computers are backed up by cell-level sensors, communicating via a rugged “cell loop” (vs. the fragile communication cables of other lithium systems). The result is continuous protection at both the cell and pack levels that is resistant to both water and physical damage.
What makes the OPE-Li3 marine lithium battery system the MOST RELIABLE?
- The OPE-Li3 ND-DC BMS has intelligently programmed high and low voltage cutoff levels on BOTH the charge and load channels. In the case of a low voltage cutoff (LVC), this allows for the batteries to continue to charge while the loads have been cut off. Similarly, if there is a high voltage cutoff (HVC), then the charge bus will disconnect and the loads can continue running. Other lithium systems may shut off all your loads if there is an overcharge.
- FEC (Field Effect Control) Alternator protection: All OPE-Li3 BMS units come with a simple alternator disconnect circuit. The BMS will automatically turn off the alternator before a high voltage cutoff, thus protecting your alternator(s) in an HVC situation.
- The battery cases are watertight thus protecting the cell level circuitry. They have an IP rating of 64 meaning that they are totally protected against dust and are protected from water splashed from all directions
- The rugged and simple cell loop vs. a serial or CANbus fragile communication cables. This eliminates the possibility of a failure due to comm errors or RF interference and makes the system less sensitive to moisture.
What makes the OPE-Li3 marine lithium battery system the EASIEST TO INSTALL?
- OPE-Li3 batteries are available in a large variety of sizes, capacities, and configurations which allows you to get the best arrangement for your system and compartment.
- The Never-Die Dual-Channel BMS is integrated into one module that includes the relays and both charge & load terminals.. For installation, it is as simple as plugging in the BMS, the battery, and the alternator control, allowing full dual-channel protection yet without complicated wiring/networks or numerous peripheral devices.
- OPE-Li3 batteries have passed the stringent UN DOT standards, allowing reduced packing/shipping costs. Additionally, due to their extremely high level of safety and stability, they have been cleared by the FAA to go by air transport up to 4000Wh per module.
Watch a video about Lithionics to learn why you should choose Lithionics for your lithium upgrade.
Product Overview & Prices
Systems are available in 12V, 24V, 48V, & 51V banks and up to 600Ah @ 12V.
For a detailed explanation of what makes the OPE-Li3 BMS unique and how it works, take a look at the OPE-Li3 BMS Overview . Page 2 of this document has a helpful flow chart explaining the different levels of protection of the BMS.
You can also check out this video on special features on of the Lithionics BMS vs the competition:
Check out the following spec sheets for information on a few of of the OPE-Li3 systems available. Contact us for information on any OPE-Li3 System not shown here.
A summary of the life expectancy can be seen below: